Saturday, June 25, 2005

Two Cross Over The Rainbow Bridge


Rigby and Darth, I was sad. My move back home claimed them. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I know that I have never been able to keep crabs of Darth's type for more than a few months. I'm not sure why this is, but I can't. I can keep a Strawberry Crab healthy, which is hard (so I've been told) and a Ecuadorian Crab healthy, but for some reason the Rugosus kind just don't last very long. I'm thinking it has to do with where I live more than with how I take care of them. But normally I can't find one of those in anything other than a painted shell, so maybe they go through more torture before they go to a home or something. It really saddens me. I don't think I will buy anymore Rugosus Hermit Crabs. I've had two in the past few months. One of them lasted a day, Darth lasted about 2 or 3 months.

There is a bright side to this post, however. My roomate from college couldn't keep her hermit crab, so I adopted it. I have lots of room for strays and those that need adopting, so I took him on. His name is Crabby and he is a rather large Purple Pincher. Right now, I don't see too much activity out of him, but he did change shells for me. I think he is still trying to get used to home. He huddles in the Coco Hut and a lot of times Sebastian likes to keep him company. Sarge likes to barge in while Pepper will linger around the hut and only go in to crawl on the ceiling of the hut or crawls on top of it. I think they like him. Ok, I will have to provide a picture of him in the future, so when he is settled, I'll do some pics.

2 Comments:

Blogger @ said...

That is so sad, but at least you got to adopt another one!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Gazard7 said...

I used to have one hermit crab too, a few years back! I feed him cabbage but he only survive for a few months.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to hermies
Powered by groups.yahoo.com