Saturday, May 14, 2005

Trying New Foods

I made a trip to Pet Co yesterday to buy a new isolation tank, because my Strawberry is molting and he is too large for the kritter keeper I have for that. Anyhow, I bought a new 2 1/2 gallon glass aquarium for him to molt in and he is doing his thing quite well right now. More pictures of him will be shown after his molt.

Anyhow, I picked up some new food that I am going to try out on my crabs.


Hermit Crab Yummies


Ingredients


Yummies up close

As you can see it is a moist food. After I put this in the tank last night, it took no longer than 15 minutes for Sarge to start pigging out, then Darth joined him. So, I know two of them love it. It smells a little like peanut butter which is probably why they were drawn to it so quickly.


Hermit Crab Vacation Food

I'm trying this out a week before my trip to Boston. If it is agreeable, I'll use it for my crabs while I am gone. Anyhow it is supposed to feed 3 crabs for 5 days. We will see. It looks really gross, then again Hermit Crabs eat a lot of things I wouldn't eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to hermies
Powered by groups.yahoo.com