Thursday, December 16, 2004

Musical Shells

Well, I was going to take a picture of Rigby in his new shell this morning, but it seems that he switched back to the old one before I could get a chance. Oh well, if he is in a shell switching mood, he could very well go back and forth between the two shells until he finally settles down with one of them. I've heard of little hermits doing this quite frequently when they are iffy about their shells. We will just have to wait and see. If he does it again, I will jump on that camera fast cause who knows when Rigby will change again.

Other thoughts, I am thinking about purchasing them some friends. I mean their crib is just sooo accommodating to have more roommates, plus they like a little colony, so some Hermit Crab pet store or kiosk rescues may be in order during the holiday season. I say the less little kids who can't take care them get their hands on them, the better. So, I may buy a couple more. I think I could accommodate 2 more in one ISO tank and then a 3rd in my second ISO tank, but I don't like putting a Hermit crab alone (they get less active and start to look depressed and lonely) plus that 3rd ISO tank has no temp and humidity dials on it, so I can't control the environment (although this can easily be changed with a couple of bucks). We will just have to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to hermies
Powered by groups.yahoo.com